At a recent Hickling Parish Council meeting, concerns were raised by parishioners with regard to recent work that had been carried out to the car park at The Old Wharf Tea Rooms, Hickling and the further reduction in green space at the Wharf.
The Parish Council subsequently asked Rushcliffe Borough Council’s planning department and enforcement officer to carry out / supply the following information:-
- A full and thorough planning review to ascertain what applications were still outstanding.
- To clarify and confirm what work had been carried out by the applicant without planning permission or not in accordance with conditions specified in approved applications, specifically for an in-depth review of the car parking arrangement (the recent resurfacing work carried out by the applicant).
- To consider and comment on the exponential and uncontrolled increase in the number of tables and seating.
- The addition of the pergola / covered seating area.
- The green storage area constructed to the rear of the plot.
- The noticeable reduction in designated green space.
In support of the above requests, the Parish Council collaboratively produced supporting documents and reports for consideration and comment by the Borough Council …
A retrospective planning application, number 22/01907/FUL – to retain existing open sided covered area, bin store and permeable surfacing, has since been submitted and is an agenda item at our forthcoming meeting on Thursday 1st December.
To fully inform parishioners, in advance of this meeting, the Parish Council reports and supporting documents can now been seen on our website and social media platforms – to view / download these documents, please click on the links below.